How do you fit a good variety of musical styles into a one-minute piece?
- Auditions require short pieces.
- Standard etudes and solos don’t have enough variety in a short-enough time.
- Students and teachers get frustrated with bad pieces
Pieces specifically designed for the audition process.
Goals for each solo:
- About one minute long
- A variety of musical styles
- Idiomatic and level-appropriate
- Two endings, one easier and one harder
- Each solo is reviewed by professional performers and educators with expertise on that instrument
posaune63 "at" gmail